I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist providing individual, couples, and family therapy, and I am located on Fifth Avenue in San Rafael, California.
I earned a B.S. degree in Individual and Family Studies from Pennsylvania State University and a M.S. degree in Counseling Psychology from Dominican University. I have sixteen years of clinical experience, and I maintain a private practice working with a variety of clients ranging in age from adolescents to elderly adults. My treatment focus includes, but is not limited to: trauma/adverse life events, couples counseling; addiction/recovery; co-dependency; depression; anxiety; grief and loss; bereavement; adolescent issues; parenting challenges; low self esteem; lack of intimacy/connection.
Prior to private practice, I worked in residential and outpatient treatment for substance abuse and recovery providing individual counseling, group therapy, and co-leading the outpatient treatment program. My past experience also includes two years as an elementary school counselor, where I worked with individual children, along with facilitating Life Skills and Conflict Resolution Groups for various grade levels. In addition, my responsibilities included collaboration and consultation with parents and teachers. I received advanced training and consultation at Family Service Agency of Marin, while collaborating and coordinating treatment with many other service agencies throughout Marin county.
I am a down-to-earth therapist, whose style is interactive, compassionate and genuine. My treatment approach is to provide support and helpful feedback to assist clients in resolving current problems and long-standing patterns that are negatively impacting their lives. I utilize an array of approaches (See my Home page), drawing upon various empirically proven methods, incorporating what will be most effective for each individual client, couple, or family. With acceptance and warmth, I help my clients capitalize on their strengths so that they may achieve their therapeutic goals and enjoy greater fulfillment in their lives.
I truly love my job and the connection I have with my clients, and I would feel privileged to share your journey with you.
- Dominican University of CA
- M.S. Counseling Psychology
- Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. Individual and Family Studies
- EMDR- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy-The Couples Institute
- UC Berkeley Extension Advanced Training in Treating Anxiety Disorders:
- Phobias, OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Panic Disorder, PTSD
- Attachment, Relational Therapy, Mindfulness and the Body
- Integrating Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, and Eastern Healing Traditions
- Spousal Abuse Training
- Treating Comorbid Depression and Anxiety Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Working with the Borderline Personality Disordered Person: Comprehension, Care and Coping
- Psychodynamic Case Formulation and the Therapist’s Educative Role
- Psychodynamic Diagnostic Manual, Evolving Theory, and the Clinical Implications of Research in
- Attachment, Personality, and Neuroscience
- An Attachment and Neurobiological Approach to Couple’s Therapy
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP): Healing Trauma, Creating Secure Attachments
- Working with Extramarital Affairs: Phases of Treatment
- Control Mastery Theory
- Soul of Ethics: Claiming Integrity From Within
- Milton H. Erickson Foundation’s Evolution of Psychotherapy 5 Day Conference, Los Angeles, CA
- Mood Disorders: Assessment and Treatment
- Substance Abuse: Assessment and Treatment
- Working Effectively with Adults Raised in Narcissistic Family Systems
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences License # MFC41722
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Psi Chi, National Honor Society in Psychology – Lifetime Member
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Marin County Chapter of CAMFT
- American Psychotherapy Association
- Addiction Recovery Professionals
- EMDR International Association Member
- Parnell EMDR Institute Member