I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified EMDR Therapist providing individual, couples, and family therapy in private practice in San Rafael, CA.
I earned a B.S. degree in Individual and Family Studies from Pennsylvania State University and a M.S. degree in Counseling Psychology from Dominican University. I have nineteen years of clinical experience working with a variety of clients ranging in age from adolescents to senior citizens. My treatment focus includes, but is not limited to: trauma/adverse life experiences, couples counseling; addiction/recovery; co-dependency; depression; anxiety; grief and loss; bereavement; adolescent issues; parenting challenges; low self esteem; lack of intimacy/connection.
Prior to private practice, I worked in residential and outpatient treatment for substance abuse and recovery providing individual counseling, group therapy, and co-leading the outpatient treatment program. My past experience also includes two years as an elementary school counselor, where I worked with individual children, along with facilitating Life Skills and Conflict Resolution Groups for various grade levels. My responsibilities included collaboration and consultation with parents and teachers, along with other related healthcare professionals.
I received five years of advanced training and consultation at Family Service Agency of Marin, while treating adults, couples, and families impacted by trauma, addiction, depression, anxiety, and attachment-related disorders.
I am a down-to-earth therapist, whose style is interactive, compassionate and genuine. My treatment approach is to provide support, guidance, and helpful feedback to assist clients in resolving current problems and long-standing patterns that are negatively impacting their lives. I utilize an array of approaches (See my Home page), drawing upon various empirically proven methods, incorporating what will be most effective for each individual client, couple, or family. With acceptance and warmth, I help my clients capitalize on their strengths so that they may achieve their therapeutic goals and enjoy greater fulfillment in their lives.
I truly love my job and the connection I have with my clients, and I would feel privileged to share your journey with you.
- Dominican University of CA
- M.S. Counseling Psychology
- Pennsylvania State University
- B.S. Individual and Family Studies
- EMDR- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
- Attachment-Focused EMDR
- Dance of Attachment: Therapist’s Use of Self in EMDR Therapy
- At The Crossroads of Trauma Therapy: Integrating EMDR, Structural Dissociation, Attachment Repair, IFS Parts Work
- EMDR for Borderline Personality Disorder, Dissociation & Complex Trauma
- Troubleshooting in EMDR Therapy
- Treating Dissociative Disorders with EMDR: The Progressive Approach
- EMDR Therapy for Suicidal Clients and Self-harming Behaviors
- Rewiring The Addicted Brain with EMDR
- Advances in Trauma Treatment: Trauma, Memory, and the Restoration of Self
- Working with Hostile Voices and Parts of Personality in Complex Trauma and Dissociative Disorders
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation
- In Search of Our Strongest Selves: Ego State Therapy From the Inside Out
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy-The Couples Institute
- UC Berkeley Extension Advanced Training in Treating Anxiety Disorders:
- Phobias, OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Panic Disorder, PTSD
- Attachment, Relational Therapy, Mindfulness and the Body
- Integrating Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, and Eastern Healing Traditions
- Spousal Abuse Training
- Working with the Borderline Personality Disordered Person: Comprehension, Care and Coping
- Attachment, Personality, and Neuroscience
- An Attachment and Neurobiological Approach to Couple’s Therapy
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP): Healing Trauma, Creating Secure Attachments
- Working with Extramarital Affairs: Phases of Treatment
- Mood Disorders: Assessment and Treatment
- Substance Abuse: Assessment and Treatment
- Working Effectively with Adults Raised in Narcissistic Family Systems
License and Certifications
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences License # LMFT41722
- EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Psi Chi, National Honor Society in Psychology – Lifetime Member
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Marin County Chapter of CAMFT
- American Psychotherapy Association
- Addiction Recovery Professionals
- EMDR International Association
- Parnell EMDR Institute